How to Plan a Spectacular Christmas Lights Display
The holidays are an exciting and nostalgic time, reminding us of when we were young and bringing out a sense of childlike wonder. People decorate for the holiday season for all kinds of reasons. Some people simply enjoy holiday cheer, while others want to spread the contagious holiday spirit to their family members, friends, and passers-by. Additionally, some Christmas enthusiasts seek to create a stunning display that will dazzle the entire community and perhaps even earn them the honor of the top Christmas lights display in the area.
This guide is all about planning an exceptional holiday lights display. Whether you’re looking to decorate your home or create a spectacle within your community, planning is key.
At Christmas Designers, we feature only prograde materials that are made to stand the test of time. By choosing our professional-quality lights, your Christmas display will be sure to dazzle. However, crafting the perfect holiday display involves more than simply having the right materials. It also takes some planning and preparation. In this blog, we will discuss the best ways to plan out your Christmas lights display and ensure that your decorations will leave your friends, family, and community in awe.
Gathering Inspiration for Your Display
An important part of decorating your home or business for Christmas is taking the time to plan out your design. However, before you even begin with the planning phase, it’s important to first take the time to do your research and get inspired.
There are many different ways that you can receive inspiration and also better understand what your options are. Below are our top tips for gathering your ideas:
- Check out our YouTube Channel: There are numerous resources available to inspire your Christmas lights display, but on our YouTube channel, we provide important tips and information about the different products we offer and how they work best. Additionally, we present valuable tips and tricks to help you set up a professional-looking display in the easiest way possible.
- Use Social Media: Additionally, other forms of social media can be extremely helpful in gathering information for your display. If the holiday season is already underway, you will see lots of Christmas lights posts from friends, family, and other people you may be following. Don’t hesitate to use these posts as inspiration, and if you see a technique that looks particularly interesting to you, perhaps even reach out to your contact to see how they achieved it.
- Watch Holiday Movies: Moreover, you can gather a lot of ideas about potential designs by watching some of your favorite holiday movies. Classics can provide you with some vintage inspiration, while modern options will perhaps give you new ideas that you had never thought about before.
Planning Out Your Christmas Decorations
Once you’ve gained your holiday inspiration, it’s time to begin planning out your Christmas decorations. Carefully planning out your Christmas decorations is an important step to ensure that your vision comes to life.
Some of our pro tips for planning out your Christmas lights display include:
- Sketch Out Your Display: Using a simple piece of paper or your computer/smart device, take the time to fully flesh out your holiday display. This is very important because not only will you take the time to actually visualize your decorations, but it will also get you thinking about the technical aspects of setting everything up. There will be certain fixtures that you need in order to set up a quality display, so it’s important to take the time to think about it in order to properly gather all of your supplies.
- Gather Everything You Need: Next, it’s important to look at your sketch and gather all of the supplies you need in order to bring it to life. This will include your lights, of course, but it will also include all of the additional supplies needed to make your vision come to life. This may include things such as zip ties and vampire plugs, which are the secret keys to crafting a prograde Christmas display. Additionally, appropriate clips and stakes are a necessity when it comes to keeping your lines perfectly straight along driveways, walkways, and property borders.Additionally, you may need to gather additional supplies, such as an empty socket light line in order to structure your display properly. Moreover, you may need small touches like hot glue to affix your lights to the outside of your home with security. Again, we encourage you to look at our YouTube channel for ideas and inspiration and to understand the best ways to properly design and hang your Christmas lights.
- Stay Organized: Once you have planned out your display and gathered your supplies, the next natural step is setting up your display. However, as you begin to bring your vision to life, an essential aspect is the organization. Make sure that as you’re setting up your lights, you don’t deviate too much from your original plan. It’s easy to get carried away, but if your display becomes too cluttered or busy, it can take away from the magic of your original vision.
Additionally, if you don’t approach the project as planned, you may find yourself running out of supplies that are essential to your display. Thus, make sure you keep your sketch nearby when setting up your display in order to ensure that you are sticking to your vision. Furthermore, keep track of the supplies you’re using so that you can have clarity and won’t run out of necessary materials.
Pro Tip: Use High-Quality LED Christmas Lights
Finally, when it comes to crafting a truly spectacular Christmas lights display, one of the most essential things to keep in mind is that using professional materials can truly make a difference.
First and foremost, the aesthetics of prograde materials blow commercial-grade lights out of the water. Additionally, using professional lighting options will ensure that your display will last. While commercial-grade lights can burn out easily due to dirt or water entering the light, prograde lights do not have the same issue. All of our prograde Christmas lights are contained in a one-piece design. This is key because it means that the LED diode and lens are in a contained and sealed socket. Therefore, dirt and water cannot seep inside of the bulb.
The #1 cause of light failure is actually dirt, water, or other foreign material entering the bulb. Thus, by using prograde materials, you will not only elevate the level of your display but will also ensure that it will last. Prograde lights may initially cost more, but they can end up saving you money and headaches in the long run due to the fact that they won’t need to be replaced.
Benefits of Using LED Christmas Lights
There are many benefits to using LED Christmas lights (like Twinkly Pro or RGB Christmas lights) for your holiday display this year. Here are just a few of the top benefits you’ll see after making the switch to LED lights:
- Save on your holiday budget.
As much as we love the holidays, we have to admit that this time of the year can get expensive. While LED Christmas lights cost more upfront, they’ll save you big on your electricity bill because they consume far less energy than incandescent bulbs. They also last longer and are much more durable than other Christmas lights, which will save you on costly replacements and repairs.
Safety should always be a top priority when setting up your holiday display. Luckily, LED Christmas lights are safer to use than other types of Christmas lights because they’re made of plastic instead of glass. This simple yet effective innovation means that the bulbs won’t shatter and are much cooler to the touch, ensuring you’ll never burn your fingers when working with these lights.
Compared to traditional glass bulbs, LED Christmas lights are made of plastic, which means they’re much more durable and resistant to breaking. This means you’ll save both time and money by not having to rush out for replacement lights each year. Improved durability also makes LED Christmas lights easier to pack up and store.
No matter the size, scale, or style of your intended Christmas display, LED lights have got you covered. LED Christmas lights come in a wide variety of sizes, shapes (like icicle lights), and colors to bring your creative holiday display to life. You can also find LED Christmas lights in fun holiday designs, such as snowmen, snowflakes, or even Santa Claus.
LED Christmas lights use far less electricity compared to other bulbs, which means you’ll save on your electricity bill and help the environment. By using less electricity, you’ll help cut down on carbon emissions, since most of our electricity is still generated from coal-burning power plants.
Conclusion - How to Plan a Spectacular Christmas Lights Display
When it comes to creating a spectacular Christmas lights display, the most important aspect is planning. Make sure you take the time to do your research and gather inspiration before you begin. Delve into various resources to generate ideas and see what your options are when it comes to adhering your display to your home or business.
Once you’ve done your research and are feeling inspired, take the time to sketch out your design. Make sure you consider the different ways you can structure your design in a clear and logical way, and don’t forget to consider the various elements you may need in order to affix your lights to various structures.
For more information on the pro-grade products we offer or to submit questions to us, please visit our website or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to making your holiday season even brighter.